I just saw a new eMarketer report showing that latest research will give Facebook over 1.3 Billion in the 2010
financial year for revenue. It is quite good becuase for the 2009 period the company made around 665 million in revenues. So they have doubled their revenue for YOY, Myspace on the other hand which was once a social media
superstar making serious cash form Google ad deals and CPC/CPC/ Display ad deals has taken a dive from over
400 million in ad revenue for 2009 to around 350 million in 2010 it is quite alarming that the company which once
boasted hundred of millions of users now is on the slide. But it is evident from these earnings that Facebook is the
overwhelming leader in this space.
Keyword Discovery SEO Review –
I wanted to highlight some issues I found with Keyword discovery in the Australian market, It seems if you are tracking Keywords the results the software pulls up are quite poor.
Comparing insurance related keywords in the US market and the Australian market we see quite a high difference in data, then comparing it with data from Google keyword estimator or SEO MOZ it is quite alarming.
Refer to the graphs below –
Lets hope they get the Australian data up to speed.
So today our friends at SEO MOZ released a new web app SEO tool. This new tools is said to save SEO’s and webmasters time because time is one thing which many tools take up.
Here is a brief review of this new tool from a SEO Specialists view point on the new tool –
Some great benefits of this new tools –
1. Crawl Diagnostics – this is a great area it scans your whole website to pick up specific SEO based problems like 302 redirects, broken urls ect (refer to image below to see what they check up on). This saves SEO’s time, I mean Google webmaster tools can pull this type of data too yet the SEO Moz pro tools seems to give it all in a easy to read fashion.
2. Keyword Rankings – This is a great little section to track your top keywords in search engines, SEO Moz said they will allow pro members to track up to 250 keywords.
3. Competitive Link Analysis – This is a great little section to pick up a link analysis on your competitors in coming links, as competitor analysis is crucial for SEO. Only problem I found with this is you can only track 3 competitors, I feel 6 would be a better number to track.
4. On page analysis – Another great factor with the SEO package is that it pulls a quick on page analysis to show problems like H1,H2 usage and other important on page metrics.
Overall I think this new web app/ tool by SEO MOZ is one of the best I have seen I mean I have tested many different SOE tools from Raven, Webo CEO to Woorank.
The only problem I can see is the pricing structure it does not favor Agency’s at all, or small SEO companies.
$79 – you can track 5 websites & 250 keywords
$499 – you can track 10 websites.
$2000 – you can track 50 websites.
This new pricing increase is very high for the top two plans, I mean sure these tools are fantastic but we see other options on the market like Woorank who pull similar website SEO audits for Free.
But I would recommend using the $79 plan with SEO Moz as it is well worth it.
* Google Australia favors sites which are using .com.au domains.
* Google favors sites which are hosted within Australia, another benefit of hosting your site locally is that it will run faster.
* If you don’t have your website hosted in Australia you can use is to Geo targeted Meta data to select locations in Australia –
An Example of GEO Meta data targeting the Sydney market.
* Finally you should focus on building links from .com.au domains as Google favors link backs from these specific domains local tld’s.
I hope this information assists with ranking in Google Australia.
Hi and welcome to my new blog. The reason I created this blog is because I have been interested in SEO and Social media and basically any thing digital for the last 5 years, I have been employed by small agency’s, large agency’s and also on a personal level to assist with SEO and Social Media efforts and I have built my own network of websites from the ground up over the years. This blog will provide you with the latest information on any thing which I find interesting in the SEO and social media world or also any thing which is deemed important to me.
I hope you like the blog and I hope to update it when possible.
Thanks and happy reading,