Posts tagged 2013 SEO
So 2012 is now over it has been a busy year, I thought I would put a blog post together to talk about some predictions for the market and to give a brief overview of what I have been up too in 2012.
Firstly here is a list of some of the things I achieved in 2012:
1. Working with several large enterprise clients in the Australian market, helping these boost their SEO and Social presence and also learning’s of SEO and social. Increasing SEO team revenue by well over mid $XXX,XXX+ yoy.
2. Speaking at SMX Sydney 2012 on the main stage on Enterprise SEO & also been involved with the Q+A panel on enterprise SEO.
3. Speaking at several local SEO and Social events.
4. Attending well over 25+ local SEO/Social Media/ Developers and Big Data Meetups.
5. Starting my own Local Search Meetup “Online Marketing Sydney” – http://www.meetup.com/Online-Marketing-Sydney/
6. Making guest posts on Several large SEO websites.
7. Creating some real buzz in the search industry by intervieing an EX memebr of Matt Cutts team which was featured in over 80 industry websites include the home page of Search Engine Round Table, Search Engine Land and inbound.org
8. Having my content picked up by some global search sites and translated into numerous languages such as chinese, Russian and more.
9. Personally have over 140+ domains and have acquired some new premium domains in 2012, in 2013 I hope to reduce the overall portfolio to 70 domains or less.
10. Effectively managed a team of content writers, link builders and SEO professionals.
11. I have sold several websites, domains and social properties in 2012 which was also a success.
12. Also took a 2 month holiday to Europe and the UK, was still doing work but and checking emails on the fly
Predictions for 2013 in SEO and Online Marketing
1. More integration of Google+ into search results, More direct influence from Google+ on search lising pages.
2. Content marketing will become more advanced, if Australian businesses do not get involved they will be left behind.
3. Larger take up on advanced web analytic’s by Australian businesses.
4. Links will still be important if they are high quality and relevant to users and relevant to the content they link from.
5. Knowledge graph will come more into play in 2013, we will see a far higher integration
Also I would like to wish every one a fantastic Christmas and a wonderful New Years! all the best luck in 2013
A few images from 2012